I can't open a pdf that was downloaded from GrantHub
Most browsers will open pdf downloads with pdf viewer plug in so that they can be viewed more quickly without downloading. Unfortunately not all features are available in these plug ins so they won't be able to open some files, such as those containing form fields. To open these documents you will need to change your browser settings so that pdf files are downloaded instead of opened with a browser plug in.
- Open Chrome and type "about:plugins" into the address bar at the top.
- Find Chrome PDF Viewer in the list and click the Disable link to prevent PDFs from loading within Chrome.
- Click the menu button and choose Options.
- Select the Applications panel.
- Find Portable Document Format (PDF) in the list and click on it to select it.
- Click on the drop-down arrow in the Action column for the above entry and select the PDF viewer you wish to use.
- In the Finder, select a PDF, and choose File >Get Info.
- Click the arrow next to Open With to exposethe product menu.
- Choose either Adobe Acrobat or AdobeReader from the application menu.
- Click the Change All button.
- When asked if you want to change all similar documents, click Continue.
- Click on Tools menu > Manage Add-ons
- Select "Toolbars and Extensions" under "Add-on Types"
- Select "Adobe PDF Reader"
- Click on the "Disable" button