How to track in-kind donations in GrantHub
- Create an Opportunity and include the term ‘In-Kind Donation’ at the end of the Opportunity Name.
- Select Funding Type = Other (or select another option if it is more appropriate for the purpose of the donation).
- Create a new Opportunity Category called ‘In-Kind’ and make sure it is selected in the category field.
- Tracking the value of in-kind donations:
- Put the value of the in-kind donation in amount awarded field if you would like them added to cash awards in your reports / dashboards.
- Put the value of the donations in Amount requested field and put 0 in Amount Awarded if you would like to filter them out and total them separately (by exporting report to excel).
To pull a report of your In-Kind Donations:
- Go to ‘Reports’.
- Select the Opportunities by Status report.
- Set the date range you would like to report on.
- Filter on ‘Opportunity Category’ = “In-Kind”.
- Scroll down to grid portion of the report.
- Export to Excel to total the amount of In-Kind donations.